The National Association of Social Workers Foundation (NASWF) was created to support NASW’s educational and charitable initiatives through a wide range of projects that serve:
- The Profession – by honoring and investing in social workers past, current and future
- The Practitioner – by enhancing social workers’ knowledge and skills, and
- The Public – by providing information and resources to help individuals, families and communities
Founded in 2001, the Foundation's goals are to:
- identify, develop and respond to social work policy and practice issues.
- assist with rapid response to social crises.
- support practice-based research, so that practice and research are directly linked.
- raise the visibility of social work and enhance public esteem for the profession.
- support the development of cutting edge continuing education that addresses critical issues.
- promote the appropriate application of new technology to the practice of social work.